The Breather is the first drug-free evidenced based handheld Inspiratory/ Expiratory Respiratory Muscle Training (RMT) device used by COPD, CHF, Dysphagia, and Neuromuscular disease patients, as well as athletes, singers, musicians, and healthy living aficionados. The original Breather was launched in 1980, with this new and improved model recently released.
The Breather is the #1 Best Selling Respiratory Muscle Trainer (RMT).BENEFITS OF RMT:
- Inspiratory muscles: diaphragm, external intercostals, accessory muscles of neck.
- Expiratory muscles: internal intercostals, abdominals.
- Promotes diaphragmatic breathing.
- Generates improved airflow through vocal folds.
- Reduces shortness of breath.
- Improves blood flow to resting and exercising limbs
- Helps in movement of hyolaryngeal complex.
- Improves respiratory support for safe swallow function.
- Improves protective cough and assists in airway clearance.
CONDITIONS SUPPORTED BY RMT:
- CONGENSTIVE HEART FAILURE
- MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY
- MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS
- MYASTHENIA GRAVIS
- VOCAL FOLD PATHOLOGIES
- VENTILATOR / TRACH WEANING
- SPINAL CORD INJURY
- SLEEP APNEA